I have been following the presidential race between Clinton and Obama whenever I get a chance and though I don't know a whole lot about it I came across this article about a speech Obama gave and it caught me by surprise.
As important as politics are in the health of a nation I admit to not being overly interested in the politics themselves but more interested in how the character of those who are running for election comes through in their actions, reactions, speeches, promises (kept and broken), and the vision for their nation that they present.
I had read earlier that Obama's long time pastor had made some statements that made people question where Obama stood regarding racial tensions in America. I had expected a bunch of denials, some blame laying, and maybe a broken relationship devestatingly dragged through the mud; which I'm guessing those who br0ught the statements by Jeremiah Wright up as an issue expected too. It appears that many were surprised......there was no reaction but instead a honest, insightful response. .....Walking where so many fear to tread.
I am both touched and impressed.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment